But their drinking is just so completely out of control. I have seen men in business suits carry eachother down the streets and ajummas staggering home at 11am. I have seen children running around bars and grown men passed out on the side walk with no shoes and one sock hanging half way off. I have seen people break glasses and men spill drinks on their business partners. I have seen what would otherwise appear to be a normal socially acceptable couple pound back a few too many shots and support eachother home
I witnessed some kind of dispute outside our friendly neighborhood 7-11 tonight, and though I can't be sure what was ultimately happening, I do know that someone called the cops.
I don't know what's so authoritative about a man who only has a mini maglight and reflective vest to protect himself, but the drunks in general seem to follow them wherever they lead. Two police officers showed up, one hopped out of the car and the other just drove away. The one unarmed officer just casually escorted the staggering man back into the Sev.
And the world continues turning here in Korea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment