I wonder if they sit in Ruby's office talking about how messed up we foreign teachers are. I wonder if they sit in there talking about how unreasonable and crazy we waygook act. I wonder if they stress about talking to us the way we dread talking to them. I wonder if they sit in the front speaking rapid Korean wondering how best to deal with us or trying to figure out what is going on in our crazy cake mixed up brains.
S: "Oh, I'm sure of it. I'm sure they sit in there and think about exactly the same things we do. They sit and try to figure out what our next move is going to be, probably trying to determine how we're going to try and mess up their plans. Their saying the same things, the only different is that all of their thoughts end in 'hamnida'."
Are we the weird, uncooperative, irrational ones in their drama? If an audience was watching this- with subtitles, of course- which side would be the antagonists? Is it us? Are we the crazy cakes?
It's easy to be the good guys. No one truly envisions themselves as the bad guys. I'm convinced all bad guys are just misunderstood good guys.
Or sociopaths. Actually, I bet a fair amount of bad guys are sociopaths.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment