Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fish Biting At My Feet: This Should Be My Nightmare.



I wouldn't say the day started all that stellar. Our ritual Friday celebration went on into late saturday morning and I ended up catching the bus at 10am solo. Jenn had bounced about 2 hours earlier leaving me to finish the party with the boys. Not having been to bed yet, I couldn't wait to get home and nap before spa day started.

Apparently I couldn't wait that long. I got on the bus, it passed the Wonder Bread Tribute and I passed out. I woke up an hour later to the bus driver yelling as he got off the bus. My stomach drops. Why is the bus parked?

I sat on the bus for another couple minutes trying to process what had happened here. Why was I sitting on the bus holding a half full pizza box sideways surrounded by snow covered mountains? According to the clock I was only a half hour bus ride from my own stop. No biggie. I'll just catch a cab. Spa day doesn't start for another 2 hours.

I get off the bus and look around. There aren't even any roads here. Where are the buildings? The cabs? I don't even know which direction we came from. I get about a half mile down the street thinking "What would Jenn do?" when it hits me. Obviously the bus stopped next to a bus stop sign. Just stand there and get back on it when it comes around. Jenn is always full of good ideas.

I managed to get on the bus, stay awake, and arrive home safe just shy of 1pm. I'm shaken up from my adventure and worrying that Jenn has gone off to Spa Day without me. I didn't even know where Spa Day was, so I was fervently hoping that when I opened her bedroom door she would be there.

And she was. Still asleep. Guess I wasn't the only one who almost slept through our ManiPedi appointment. She was a little sore about being woken up, but I personally think she should be thanking me for her cute nails. The nail lady can only do so much. Showing up is at least half the battle.

We started our mani/pedis with a dip in the fish tank. Flesh eating fish have never been my favorite thing (pirana what?), but having failed to convince Jenn to go first, I plunged my feet right on in. It was the weirdest sensation ever. It felt like little vibrations from the tips of my toes all the way up to mid calf. My whole body was screaming "Take them out take them out!!" but I held on. If that old lady could do it last week, I certainly could, too. I'm definitely doing it again next month.

Next, I headed over to get my first real manicure while Jenn got her toes done. The whole time I was nervous about the pedicure part. I didn't want anyone touching my feet. Feet are gross.

But, as you can see, my toes are super cute. Yes. Those are frogs. You're all jealous.

Our first spa day was such a success I almost can't wait for our appointment next month. I'm already thinking about what to put on my toes next. And it was all under 50. Even my legs feel softer where the fish were biting them.

After we got out of the ugly shorts, I headed home while Jenn shopped. I needed a nap hardcore and I was pretty confident I would never fall asleep on the bus again.

Although if I did, at least I'd know what to do...

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe the fish! Craziness. But the paint job is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete