Narky screwed up. I knew it, you knew it, we all knew it. Bed guys don't deliver on Saturdays. No one's even sure they deliver at all. Apparently his sisters were unaware that he was so incompetent. Amazing. How did he get so far without anyone figuring it out?
Well, a monster fight ensued between the siblings at school during one of my classes. I was pretty engrossed in what The One was saying so I didn't bother trying to eavesdrop. Jenn walks by the door, as per usual, and gives me a thumbs up and happy face. SAFE. No need for me to worry.
I get out of class and Jenn whispers, "You're getting a chest of drawers today." Not a bed? Wow. Priorities...
The Headmistress calls me into the office and apologizes profusely for what she just kept calling "Narky's very big fault." The Grunter was so upset by his inability to follow up on a bed order that the altercation very nearly turned physical. She tells me they put my chest of drawers into the van and were going to bring it over tonight.
But then they found out that I don't have a bed. So they loaded up miniKim's bed and were going to bring that over. NOOOOOOoooooo..... The very same bed I tried to trade for a floor.
"Is she joking?"
No. She is not. I might still get a different bed by friday, but it's pretty unlikely. I mean, it took me 2 weeks to get the very same bed I thought I had managed to escape from. There's just no running from miniKim's bed.
Its not all bad, though. I feel like it's not as bad as I remembered. Maybe it's because I don't have to wake up with the sun anymore. Or maybe it's the fact that it's in our own apartment. I just can't be sure, but it feels like a cloud. I haven't slept on it yet, but I'm keeping upbeat. The drawers should be here at 10am tomorrow. The boys say I'm setting my self up for disappointment. Jenn says don't get your hopes up too high. "We've been burned by '10am' before. Just don't expect too much."
I'll stay positive, thank you very much, and we'll see won't we?
The excitement didn't end there, of course. I had a lot of free time today. Day school has begun again and a lot of my students have stopped private lessons, I think. I don't know for sure, but I do know that I only had 2 of my usual 7 students today. As long as I have The One I don't have a problem with it. I tried to ask about the new schedules and was told "Tomorrow is too soon to switch to New School, I think." ... Yeah, me too. Am I moving by myself? I'm not used to them telling me anything. And no one said anything to Jenn.
So is this the last week we get to work with the boys? Are they splitting us into Boys Team and Girls Team? Why is Girls Team always smaller? I am going to miss the Old School. Especially if I'm the only one moving...

Anyways, with all our free time today, we decided to finally take pictures of our classrooms. Mine is the Dining Room. Doesn't really matter, I guess. I'm getting a whole new school, right?

There's me at my desk. It looks much better with me behind it. Miami sits to my left, California's directly across from me, Jenn's to his right and New Guy's behind California. For Now. I'm sure once I'm exiled he'll grab my desk. Maybe the desk was cursed...

And, of course, what's an adventure without a nice Hominid face? Hear that, Belize Kids? There're Hominids in Korea, too.
Now I'm off to break in my new-to-me bed. Time to test if absence really does make the heart grow fonder.
Without the sun shining through my window at the crack of dawn I've had to set an alarm. Or try to, I guess. Not so self-explanatory after all, mom. I probably coulda done with a few written instructions. Not worried. I have a mental panic button that keeps me from sleeping past 7.5 hours when I'm in a foreign country. Its a pretty cool feature. A gift, if you will.
I cannot wait to sprawl on my twin bed. Cause its mine. My Bed Day. My Bed.
Haha...I freaking love the Hominid photo...although your new friends will never be the true hominids ;). I'm so proud that you are representing our kind in Korea.
ReplyDeleteRachel