Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Don't Know How to Tell This Story Without Making Myself Look Stupid.



Yes. That is a bed. It was real bed day today, with my real bed delivered from a real store. I had a hard time being excited about it though, because the way they set up the bed was not the way I was willing to keep it. They had the bed parallel to the drawers with a foot and a half of space in between the two. I couldn't even open the drawers unless I was sitting on the bed. No way. I needed to put it back. How was I supposed to dry my laundry on the floor when there wasn't any floor to be had?

No, I did not wait for my roommate to get home. No, I did not have a real plan for putting my room to rights. And, no I'm not convinced I did anything wrong, per se. I just don't understand why they were so opposed to having the bed and drawers at a right angle. Looking at the remains of my bed, I'm still convinced that the bed will absolutely fit once I can get it there. Once I figure out how to put it back together and become five more people, I will absolutely be able to put this room to rights. No worries, right? God, I hope so.

I only had the bed for 5 minutes before I started this bed moving plan. Now my drawers are turned against the other wall and I can't close the door. It may have been a mistake, but I don't take it back. The second things started to go sour, the bed fell on my foot, and I limped out of my room to call California. I needed some advice bad. I had just broken my bed. I still have all the pieces, but the screws keeping them in place are now scattered across my bedroom floor. No worries. The boys will be here tomorrow for our friday celebration and they were nice enough to offer to fix this bed fiasco. They even have a screwdriver. How's that for qualified?

Now the bad news. My old school class just got cancelled. The only girl left in the class waited until the end of Pride and Prejudice to tell her mom that she doesn't want to go to the school anymore. She doesn't want to take Grunter's class and she doesn't want to learn vocab. So her mom called and told the director she was pulling her daughter out of the school. It was pretty obvious to all involved that it had nothing to do with me. She managed to keep quiet until an hour after our final P and P class. She just had to know how it ended. Don't blame her. I teach it pretty darn well.

HOWEVER. That means no more traveling to the old school to hang out with the boys and Jenn. Now I'm all New School. Goodbye 50 bus. Goodbye Teacher's Lounge. Goodbye Narky!

No comments:

Post a Comment