I know for a fact I will miss this while I'm home. Back when I was in Paris, I didn't appreciate the convenience of having everything I could possibly want only a metro ride away. I hate driving.
Things in Gwangju are a little different, though. Everything is still accessible, it's just a cab/bus ride away or a short walk. There are a half dozen pizza places within a 5 minute walk from my place. The grocery store is less than a block away, the post office is just down the street, the sev is at the entrance to our complex, and there's a bakery right across the way. It never takes very long to get anywhere in my city, but it's not so big that I ever need worry about getting lost or overwhelmed.
There are few moments when I think of something I want and can't find a way to get it within a few days. This place really is the perfect starter city. It's just the right size and is convenient to most places in the country. I got a good one, that's for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have a very safe trip my friend. I have missed you and cannot wait to see you!
ReplyDelete