I created a monster. That Because Kid got me again. I swear he sets these traps and lies in wait. It's just too convenient. "Do you have to wear a raincoat at Niagara Falls? Why?" That kid is crafty.
I have noticed, however, that he never uses "because" to start a sentence. It's a heady feeling. Something I taught him has influenced his behavior in class so much that he has changed the structure of his responses so that he can be the only 'Because Shouter' in the room. And, man, does he shout. From my seat I can see Ruby jump every time this kid becauses me. Who knew the system would be so effective? He catches me off guard. He's got a gift.
Apparently our private lessons are just about at an end, though. Come wednesday, I will be given my first real class. All those kids I've been evaluating were potential full size class students. Why wednesday, you ask? Well, Monday is a holiday. That's right friends and family, if I had grown up in Korea I would never be expected to go to school or work on my birthday. March 1 is a permanent holiday here in K-town. Eggcellent.
This is even better than the feeling I got when March 1 was snowday-ed both my freshman and sophomore years in college. And they were both the first snow day of the year, too. Nope, Korean Independence day is totally for me. Woulda been great to get a bit of warning, though, I might've been able to travel it up this weekend. I'm totally ready to spend my weekends outside of Sketchville. Not that I don't love the place, but I've only got 44 more weekends here. I need to get out and see the world. I guess just see Korea. Save the other world parts for later. I already have to narrow my list down to 44 cities to see.
It's time to start working on that list, guys, I'm ready to get out and see it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You should definately go to Saigon....not sure where that is though...i will have to google it..lol
ReplyDeletevietnam?
ReplyDelete