Thursday, April 15, 2010

Callipygian? Really?! Is This Guy For Real?

That Ivy League dilhole has been sending off some serious creeper vibes since he first got in contact with this school making a number of inappropriate comments.

"I hope there will be a cute Korean teacher who can show me around and who, hopefully, speaks English!"

"Have you ever taught any adult female students?"

"I'm not super-likely to be super-excited about any student unless they're a callipygian 18-25 year old."

"If you don't know 'callipygian' you should consider adding it to your vocabulary as a professional teacher of english!"

Okay, maybe that last one wasn't inappropriate, but it still ticked me off. And, yeah, I had to look it up. Who wouldn't?

I've decided to make these comments available to Ruby, I just haven't decided what the best way to do it would be. I need to be as passive aggressive as possible so it doesn't look like I'm just jealous here. I know that if this guy causes any problems, though, it'll come back to me. "Erin, didn't you have any idea when you were emailing him?" Yeah... This guy means nothing to me. I have no problem throwing him under a bus or two. I have not survived this long to be brought down because of this nonsense.

My original plan was to show the email to Boys' Team over there with Narky and have them talk about it at high volume and then to show it to Juvie, since he's a spy anyway, but Narky seems to understand even less than we thought and Juvie is moving out of the Spy Phase.

Juvie got reamed out today, and I can't say that I'm surprised. I told him they'd be coming for him. Now he's all upset because Ruby told him he would be teaching MiniKim, but made it sound like it would be an on-the-side thing. Nothing here is "on the side." When she tells you to do something, it better be done yesterday. She will hand you a book in the middle of class and come back before the end of it to ask if you've made questions for it yet. "Yeah, Rube, while I was sitting here...I'm actually still in the same class..."

He was in the car with them for about a half hour of her yelling and told me he had just had enough. He didn't yell, but he did get aggressive. Bet your bottom dollar they'll bring that up later. They kept comparing him to Miami, too. "Miami couldn't get things done on time. Miami didn't care about this job either." etc etc...

I told him. I told him to watch how close he gets to them. I told him it was a different culture. When they say "You're part of the family" it really just means "Let your guard down. We dare you." He still can't be fully trusted, though. He's going to be have to be yelled at a few times before he really learns. He'll go back and forth; a love-hate relationship.

And Miami really is gone this time. Narky came to pick him up at about midnight and was none to pleased to see the majority of their staff chilling around saying goodbye. Didn't bother me none. I really am over my fear of firing. Bring it.

Since I had hauled myself down to their area anyway, I was determined to stick around for a meal at least. So the remaining members of Boys' Team and I hit up the sangapsal place again. I have had that stuff 3 times in the past week and a half. I think I may actually be getting tired of beef. My body's just too used to ramen and rice blobs. I just keep getting food coma every time I hang out with Boys' Team.

I know I'm going to miss Miami, but I don't think it's really set in yet. I actually saw him leave, but I've said goodbye so many times that it just doesn't seem real. I don't know. Like maybe we'll be seeing each other tomorrow at our next friday celebration. And then we'll say goodbye to him one more time.

But we won't. 'Cause he's definitely gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment