He was just so optimistic when he got here. At first, it was kind of fun watching Ruby's crazy come down on someone else's head, but now I'm starting to feel bad for the guy. He looks like he needs a friend every day. He comes into work with this face that screams "I got yelled at again this morning! No one's saying anything about moving me out!!!"
Poor guy. I'll have to wait a few weeks to throw in my 'I told you so' 's. He shouldn't really be surprised, cause I DID tell him he would regret saying that he was "getting along great" with our host fam. I don't know at what point they start to accept their foreign teachers as human, but it certainly isn't weeks 1, 2, or 3. Keep on trucking, Tooly. This is your life now.
All of the attention being on this newbie has made my life ridiculously easy. I have become the go-between for the director and her teachers at New School. Instead of talking directly with her teachers, I think this woman intends to just let me know when she's unhappy and I'm supposed to fix it. So to make sure I do that job the way she wants it done, she's actually friendly towards me. And apparently she's said some pretty flattering things about me to Tooly during their late-night three hour chats. He wouldn't give me specifics, said he didn't want me to get a big head. Too late.
Apparently she thinks all of her foreign teachers are liars, though. She told Tooly I lied because I didn't tell her that Miss Honey was crazy until after she was fired. But... I never said she was crazy. Boring, yes. Hella boring, but I'm still not convinced that she was crazy.
California lied when he said he liked movies. Just cause he doesn't want to teach acting classes or spend his weekends working on their student videos doesn't mean liar. At least not to me...
I wonder what she thought New Guy was lying about. Probably living in the Czech Republic for three years (even though his resume says one.)
I should be upset that she called all of us liars, but I just feel like maybe she doesn't know what that word means. You can't just lie about someone lying while giving a lecture on being honest.
Other than that whole made up lie thing, I seem to be fitting in very nicely. No big problems since the first month and without the fear in my life, I'm walking a lot lighter. I can do this. It's almost going too fast...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment