Friday, May 28, 2010

Shadow Is Not Long For This Job.

I had to start my workday this morning by having a "chat" with Shadow. It started last night.

R: "Erin! Shadow is talking too much in class."
E: "Oh is he?"
R: "Uhn. Who wants to talk to Shadow?"
E: "Who?"
R: "No. Who wants to talk to him?"
E: "...Do you want me to talk to him?"
R: "No. Who wants to talk to him?"
E: "..."
R: "It's a bad habit, I think. He likes to talk. That is not good. You think it is because he worked for a radio for too long."
E: "Uh... I can talk to him."
R: "You want to talk to him?"
E: "When would you like it done?"
R: "As soon as possible. Or maybe ivleague should do it? I already talked to him so I can't bring it up again. You talk to him this time. And then I'll talk to him next time."

Maybe ivleague should have. I was trying to look out for the guy and hating every minute of it. I hate it when she hands this stuff off to me. I'm not getting a bonus for this alienation. She makes me look like the spy. And he was irritated, too. "Why didn't she talk to me? Is this normal?" Her handing off ish to other teachers to keep her hands clean? Yep. Fairly normal.

He then made a monster mistake. He went to Ruby to confront her about this. He wants her to talk to him and only to him. Sorry, buddy. She kind of just does whatever she wants. And then fires you. Just look at Miss Honey and Miami.

The day finally ends and I walk home ready to sleep the whole thing off. Until New Guy calls. Hanging out again? Why not.

California had a date with the girl from Dasarong so it was just New Guy and I hitting up the German Bar. We have closed this place down the last three times we have been there and we were determined not to be the last people in the place this time. It was close. At 4am we had to book it to beat that other group out the door first. The party always runs late with New Guy. For being as old as he is, he sure doesn't skimp on celebrating.

New Guy and I had an argument about whether guys and girls can just be friends. He says no. I disagree. He seems to be wrong a lot.

He still thinks pirana won't eat you. And they totally will.

No comments:

Post a Comment