Man, my Children's Day sucked. This is the first time that I've been jealous of the new kids. What the H?! I lived with Ruby for 2 weeks and they never took Jenn and I anywhere! They take these boys hiking up mountains, on family trips, to leper colonies. Should I be worried about no longer being the favorite...?
No. Not at all. My Red Teddy Bears came to class today and delivered their usual gift of improved self-esteem. "Our mom is crazy about New School. Very very crazy. Children's Day, she say whole family, 'New School, very very love.'"
And since I am their only New School teacher, that means me. Yes. And their parents aren't quiet with these compliments, either. No, they just happen to be so inclined as to call the school once or twice a day to tell Ruby just how happy they are with her school. Which, again, means just how happy they are with me.
So, I'm sure you can see why these kids are the highlight of my day. The best part, I'm sure, is going to come at the end of it all, when I get to see just how much their English has improved. I can tell that day's gonna bring some good emotions. Ah, Red Teddy Bears.
I don't think I'd mind only having Red Teddy Bears, either. They are just too flippin' awesome.
So, yeah. I'm probably still the favorite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment