I have been giving this a lot of thought lately, and I realized that I really like my school. I get to pick most of the material I teach, I have small classes, my kids are all fun (maybe not Kid1 always) and the hours are great. I don't even have to get up til noon if I don't feel like it.
This is almost a best case scenario. I've heard a lot of horror stories over here, and it has made me appreciate my situation.
If only I didn't have this near crippling fear of my bosses. They're the only thing I would change about this year. I love Gwangju. I love Korea. I love how every day is an adventure. I just strongly dislike my bosses. If it wasn't for the yelling, the video surveillance, the last minute schedule changes and the surprise weekend dropbys, this would be the ideal teaching english abroad setup.
I'm willing to admit that there may have been some lost in translation misunderstandings that led to a snafu or two, but after completing 12 weeks, I've realized that it's not just cultural differences. My boss really is a ticking time bomb.
So I think I might stay on another year. In a different school, of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment