Saturday, March 13, 2010

This Hostel Is Mad Awesome.


Even though the party ran late last night, I actually got to the bus station ready to catch the bus I needed to get to Seoul on time. But it was full. I called Renee to push our time back while I waited a half hour for the next bus. It's nice that they run so often between Gwangju and Seoul and I was able to make it to town in time for the lunch special at the Greek restaurant that Renee and Teresa had been talking about. Mmmm. I have missed french fries with lemon juice on them. And tzatziki sauce. Ahh chicken gyros...

After our super filling lunch I got to see 3 separate bookstores with foreign sections where I got another jpop magazine. After convincing myself I wouldn't buy any more idol stuffs, we headed outside and I bought a calendar of my current favorite Korean idol: Gong Yoo. This swanky calendar even came with a pack of stickers. Who doesn't love stickers? And I really needed a calendar. Ok, ok, maybe not needed, but super wanted.



We headed back to the hostel early since our DMZ adventure starts bright and early tomorrow morning. This time we ended up in the dorms which remind me a little of Madeline with the beds lined up along either wall. A smaller version, of course, there weren't 12 beds in that room.


Didn't really matter past the second bed, though, we are the only people in the dorms tonight. Sweet. And the bathroom is right across the hall. This is one swanky hostel, alright. I always envisioned staying in a hostel to being something like sleeping in the airport. You have to hold onto your belongings at all times and practically sleep on top of it if you can, making sure your hands are always covering the zippers. Talk about being prejudice, they provide little lockers for your stuff right there in the room. All you really have to sleep on is the key; much more comfortable.

Since this is one tour we absolutely do not want to miss, we headed to bed at the very reasonable hour of 11pm. Even if it didn't start so early, I suspect I would've been all for turning in early anyway. Friday celebrations are starting to be too much fun before weekend travel. I don't know if it's necessary to cut back just yet, but ...

Just another great day in Seoul.

Tomorrow? The DMZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment