Okay, I added tuna this time and I think it somewhat masked the taste of whatever it was that went wrong last time. It was far from delicious, but at least it didn't make me wanna vom. I know I can do this. It's just gonna take a few more weeks of missteps. As long as it never tastes the way the first one did, I'll be fine.
It wasn't pretty, but that's the knife's fault. If it were sharp enough, the thing never would've fallen apart the way it did. Next time I'll add vegetables and eventually I'll buy the right kind of seaweed. By the time I'm done here, it's gonna be awesome. I can tell.
I would really love to figure it out sooner rather than later since I am spending some serious money eating at the same restaurant every night for dinner. Okay, maybe not serious, but still, that's money that could be blown on world-seeing.
While trying to complete my mission of trying everything on the menu under 4000w I got to the bibimbap section. Remembering spa day's pork filled vegetable dish, I played the safe card and asked Narky if the cheapest bibimbap had meat in it. He says no. I get my shoes and he runs out from behind the counter to invade my personal space and ask if pork is meat. ...
So he was kind enough to write me a post-it that asked for bibimbap sans pork and it worked. Delicious.
Sister3 taught me how to say it should I ever need to. " Bibimbap dwedgy gogi beh juu say oh." She had me practice the 'beh' so many times I doubt I'll ever forget it. Every attempt sounded the same to me, but once she stopped laughing at my attempt I knew I got it.
Since I eat at the same place every time, I'm sure that eventually they'll just realize that I don't eat pig. They've seen my copy of the menu and read my post-its, so it's really just a matter of time now. That or I'l get this kimbap thing and stop eating there. Whichever comes first.
Girl's team is settling into things quite nicely now. Speaking of Girl's Team, Jenn heard something about a new teacher with a juvie record. Yes. I can't wait to see which side of the teacher's lounge this guy picks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment