She didn't mean that I wrote bad notes, just that I was really hard on my kids. I came right out and called their vocab definitions terrible and commented on their poor preparation for the vocab test.
I assign my kids a list of words once a week and it is their responsibility to look the words up and memorize definitions. Then they come to class, I read the definitions and they write the words. They thought they'd get it easy this week by writing the words in as many definitions as they could. It wasn't too hard to see what they were up to.
4.) apoplectic: having apoplexy
7.) concoction: what you have after concocting
11.) launch: launching a rocket
15.) obedient: being obede
I cancelled the vocab test and made them do the list again. "Being obede"? Really?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment