Saturday, September 25, 2010

I'm an Expert at These Concert Things.






After leaving my roommate at home for my KAT-TUN adventure, I found us something that we could both enjoy. My roomie is a TaeYang fan and I was able to grab us some tickets to his show today. We took the bus to Seoul early this morning, checked into the hostel, printed our e-voucher and went off to find Kyung Hee University. The directions on the website were less than clear about the concert's exact location, but we asked the cashier at the Tous Les Jours.

She told us we needed to take a bus. No problem. There's a bus right there.

It ended up being the right one. This university is beautiful. It actually has a campus and old stone buildings with pillars and cathedral style buildings. It's awesome. I wish I could go to school here, too. We followed the signs and arrived at the location 2 hours ahead of time. And everything was sold out! There were no more posters, t-shirts, signed cds, promotional towels, or glow sticks. How does that happen? How can everything already be sold out? At least we got seats, right? Right.

I didn't really worry about what line to stand in this time. As foreigners, we're not ever expected to know what we're doing. We just do what we think is right, and helpful people point us to the right place.

So we get inside and the show is awesome. We're nowhere near the stage, but there's no one standing in front of us either. Not bad seats at all. Actually there was no one standing at all. Everyone just enjoyed the show and cheered from their seats. It was totally different from any concert I've ever been to. We wanted to stand up and rock out, but not as the only foreigners in the section.

I enjoyed watching every other foreigner there (about a dozen) trying to figure out how to find their seats. Not that hard. Or maybe I'm just awesome at this now. I can't sing every word to every song yet, but Britt can.

About halfway through the show, we watched 2NE1 walk in front of our seats. They're my favorite girl group here in Korea. We couldn't figure out why they would come to a concert that wasn't theirs, but it didn't matter. We could have reached out and touched them. IF we were standing up.

E: "Why is everyone... wait. Is that 2NE1?"
B: "Omigod! That's 2NE1! That's 2NE1, right?"

The show was awesome. We were able to walk back to the subway on our own without the bus. It was really only 3 or 4 blocks anyways. We plan to go back tomorrow to buy the souvenirs before the second show. Does it matter that we will not be attending that one? No. We have ticket stubs from yesterday. And who's going to question us anyways? It's not like this is a closed campus. Anyone can walk around here anytime they want.

I will get that promotional towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment