I forget how impressionable the little ones are sometimes. That monster guy sat in on my Teddy Bear class again today. I was informed last Friday that on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays that class will be extended a half hour to accommodate the two extra students we will have three days a week. ("Erin you were confused, that class is 90 minutes." -Narky. "Oh, it's not confused, that means I didn't understand. I didn't even know."- me. "Wha?"- Narky)
I love my new Teddy Bears, too. They may not be as eager to speak, but they have their own charms. But Lucy and Leah had a chance to think about the new teacher all of yesterday in hopes that he would be sitting in on class again. And the new girls were totally curious about the new monster teacher who has to duck to enter doorways.
We were in the middle of our Let's Go quizzing before leveling up to the next text book, when all of a sudden, one of the Bears looks back and stares at the new guy. "Teacher! He is not a monster! Eyes same color as yesterday!" Well look at that. I almost died laughing.
They were getting a little upset that his eyes were still blue/grey and not green, so I tried to explain that he was wearing a blue shirt, so of course his eyes would be blue.
E: "Maybe tomorrow he will wear a green shirt."
L1: "Or a yellow shirt?"
B: "Mayb-"
L2: "Or a pink shirt!"
B: "I don't think-"
K: "Or a purple one!"
L1: "A black one!"
C: "A white one!"
B: "Wait a-"
E: "Or maybe a rainbow one. Ask him to wear a rainbow shirt."
L1,L2, C, K: "Rainbow eyes?! Oh Teacher so crazy! Yeah rainbow!!"
I should've felt bad for egging the kids on and making fun of the new teacher, but I just have so much fun with my kids. And rainbow eyes would be totally awesome. That Boston guy is gonna have to learn to think on his feet. And talk hella faster.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment