Friday, September 10, 2010

I'm Heading to the DMZ Again.

I realize that there are so few former presidents left, but I can't pass up an opportunity to go camping by the DMZ. I'm rushing around packing so I'll leave you with my favorite answer of the week. So often, Korean students have problems answering opinion questions. They look at the question, can't find the answer in the text and draw a little star over the number. It's taken me a while, but I have finally gotten them to stop skipping and starring them and confirmed what I have always believed: My kids are full of good opinions.

Jane Yolen wrote a new poetry book about egrets.


"What do you think of Jane Yolen's poems?"

K: "I think that Yolen's poems are nice to hear when you are not bored, so that you can be bored."

No comments:

Post a Comment