Monday, January 11, 2010

Then the Clouds Opened up and God Said, "I hate you Alfalfa."

So somehow The Giver has turned into Harry Potter, which is super unfortunate since I wasted precious weekend time writing flipping questions that were both in depth and wonderful. Whatever, how hard can it be to teach Harry Potter? Not hard at all. This girl knows everything there is to know about Harry Potter already. She's basically reading the books to figure out what the english words are so she can explain, in depth, the discrepancies between book and movie to those who only speak english. She practically runs the class herself. She stops at regular intervals to discuss what she's read and she's so eager to answer questions that the hour we spend together is the fastest hour of my day. Its at the end too, which is just exactly when I need a little pick me up. I was even a little excited to write the next set of questions.

The day was going pretty great, too. All the foreign teachers got scolded today. All, that is, but me. Thats right, this kid right here was totally on her game today. I aced Kid1, PandPGirl and now this HPGirl. Things were looking up, there was even talk about me getting to teach an actual class on Pride and Prejudice, since I rock so hard.

Then something happened, and though I can't quite describe what it was, it sucked. I was handed a pair of slippers, which I can only assume means my socks have become disruptive. Then Ruby gave HPGirl to Jenn AFTER I had already done the questions for the next chapter. Its because I have 2 new students who want the same time slot and I'm already teaching Pride and Prejudice to a student.

Boys. My two new students are boys. How the double hockey sticks am I supposed to teach Jane Austen to a couple of Dudes!? I can't even begin to figure out how to make this better. The love story is the best part! Having a bit of insight into the mind of guys has convinced me this is going to be oh so unfortunate. I can't even imagine having to teach this to my bros. Oh god. Now I've imagined it.

It's gonna be UNFORTUNATE.
I should've known. Breakfast this morning was purple rice.

Like, what makes it purple?

3 comments:

  1. so...purple rice? how does that happen?

    Also, thats a bummer about HPGirl..I had high hopes for the 2 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that sucks...if anyone knows HP well it is defintely the hominids. Sigh...you will get your lucky break soon...at least I hope.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...cant you teach the Scarlet Letter? Its much smuttier and alot more fun!!

    ReplyDelete