I still jump at the sound of Ruby's voice coming down the hallway, but there's a new sound that gets my heart pumping. Her cellphone rings so often that its actually possible to track where she is in the school by how loud the ringing is. I've noticed the kids stop what theyre doing and listen in whenever they hear the sound coming closer. I can't be sure, but I think we are stopping for different reasons. The clue? The kids sit up straighter and look set to wave should the Mistress come round the corner and look in the window. Me? I hold back the urge to duck and cover. The desks look pretty sturdy, I guess...
I got called into the head office today. A little surprised to find it was not exactly the 10th circle of Hell that I had imagined, but I wouldn't rule out its being a circle all together. No worries, gang, I was just getting a schedule. YES. A real schedule. They really tried to fit HPGirl into my schedule, but it just wasn't happening. I had to settle for giving her up yet again. Its gotten to the point where I can't be sure if it'd be better to keep her or give her up. I dunno, maybe I just don't want to make questions for a book I'm not actually gonna get to teach.
I did put in a bid for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, though, while sitting in the Hot Seat. As a New York Times Bestseller, I figured what the hey. Might as well, right?
Absolutely. Thank You, Oprah, for putting Pride and Prejudice and Zombies on your Summer Must Reads in 2009. Oprah. She really is world famous. New York Times? Whatever.
How's that for incentive, PandPBoy? And, yes. I'm THE authority on Pride and Prejudice. I really can teach this thing without even thinking about it. You have a question, I have an answer. Read me a paragraph and I can explain it. Weird english? Bring it.
Its not all fun and lit, though. California threw me under the bus today.
"Grammar.... yeah... I think Erin said something about wanting to teach that... yeah I'd have to say you should give that kid to her."
Amazingly enough, it was one of those under the bus, but still safe moments. This kid is The One. The reason for going to school. Grammar? I got this. Yup. I have a favorite. He wants to learn and I've discovered I want to teach him. He's the reason I walk into school with a smile. He's mega adorable. Even cuter than his little bro who responds to any english with "I'm fine how are you? Okay see you later." Yeah. Cuter than that.
We're still thinking saturday is moving day, cause theyre still saying it. We'll see what happens. I'm over this super uncomfortable bed.
Ah! And I learned a very important phrase today:
Dewedgy gogi.
Wave you arms in front of you while saying this to leave out the pig.
I hear that a lot now.
Thursday: check.
Come on Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment