Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Erin Teacher's Father Works at Night."

A few months back, my kids were asking about the names of all of the members in my family, so, of course, I shared the info. Imagine my surprise today at hearing them change the example in the book, "Officer Smith works at night." Later in the same text, they created "Erin Teacher's mother wants peanuts, but she doesn't want candy." It used to just be Anne.

Stickers all around.

It's things like this that I make sure to hold onto when everything else around me starts dripping with crazy. My roommate nearly had a panic attack today when she had two students arrive for class at the same time. Two private lesson students. What made it better was that all of the Korean teachers had headed out for dinner at the same time. Isn't that cute. Us foreign teachers aren't allowed to do that. So she went to find Shadow to see if he could take one of them.

And in walks Shadow's student. I could tell something was up by the time they walked by the window of my room. I had this weird moment of nostalgia watching the two of them outside my window frantically pantomiming God only knew what. Finally, they cracked open the window. "Can we borrow you for a moment?"

I showed them where to find the list of phone numbers at the front desk so that she could call Narky and ask him what to do. Since it was his fault to begin with and he's sweet on her, I thought it might end better than if they called Ruby.

My kids thought it was dumb, too. "Where are all the Korean teachers?"

E: "Don't know."
K1: "Who made the schedule for her?"
E: "Not a clue"
K2: "So what is she going to do?"
E: "That is an excellent question."

No comments:

Post a Comment