1pm
There is someone in my apartment. After traveling for more than 24 hours, all I wanted to do was head home, shower, unpack and sleep. But that didn't work out.
I hid the key in the apartment among my things and yet there is still someone else living here. I guess Ruby and Grunter had the landlord let them in while they pawed through my stuff to find the key and then handed that over to new girl so that she could move into my home and touch everything.
And then they stole my microwave!! "Oh Erin doesn't use this, so we're going to take it."
In fact, Erin does.
It's official. I'm going to be choosing another school for my next year in Korea. I can't live in a place where there's no security or privacy. I want a door code. I want to be able to lock them out when I'm not here. I want a boss that doesn't touch my things.
AND THEY GAVE HER A WELCOMING GIFT! They wouldn't even feed us and they gave her a bottle of red wine. That she is keeping in the fridge! You don't chill those! Her stuff is in all of the wrong places. Her cosmetics are on the toilet paper shelf and her food is on every shelf. What am I going to do?!
Throw her under the bus!!!
No. I need to be rational about this. I need to remember that she is coming off jet-lag and is new to this country. She doesn't know how I do things. I need to learn to adjust to living with someone else again. I need to understand that I won't always have my own way. I need to realize that changing my routine is uncomfortable but necessary.
What I need is a nap.
And my microwave back. I'm going to fix that tomorrow.
--------
6pm
This isn't even a post that I can finish mid day. It's driving me crazy. Not her, exactly, but not getting to have the apartment to myself for one last day. I can't stand this sharing. I am never going to be alone again. No more singing and dancing as I make dinner. No more talking to myself. No more playing whatever music I want whenever I want it. No more sleep uninterrupted. No more storing things in the kitchen closet. No more space in the fridge or pantry. No more pig free home. No more privacy.
It's terrible to think this already, and it's probably the fact that I haven't slept yet, but I want her to get fired. Now. I don't want her crowding my living room. I don't care that her room is small. Narky helped her "clean" the apartment. They swept and mopped. And rearranged the living room. I put it back. I cleaned before I left. It was sparkling.
If they were gonna clean, they should've started with the laundry room. It's a nightmare.
I don't want to share. I don't want to talk. I don't like that Kids' Team are nicer to her. I don't like that no one has yelled at her yet. What if they never do? What if she never gets fired? What if this is my life for the next 5 months? What if I never have this apartment to myself again?
What if she's a spy?
-------
6:30pm
And my Mac charger just blew out. I'm working on my last two hours of battery power. August is gonna suck. I can tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment