It's true. Now if I get up at 1pm and Britt still isn't up, it's okay to go back to bed. I didn't get up until 2:30. I haven't had a weekend of leisure in 5 weeks. I was overdue for some sleeping in.
Shadow came down about an hour later to see if we wanted to hit up a movie. Sure. Why not? First order of business was food. Off to TGIFridays and then over to the CGV for some movie. Salt was worse than Inception. I don't think I've seen a really good movie since I've been in Korea. Clash of the Titans, Book of Eli, Inception, Salt... Nope. No good ones.
I probably could've stayed in and enjoyed having my place all to myself again, but I knew Ruby planned to come over again.
She e-mailed my roommate.
"I wanted to talk to you after class today, but you left so early. By the time I went to talk to you, you had already left. Your student's mother wants to know if you can teach her son on Saturday. She waited in my office for your answer for an hour and was extremely disappointed to hear that you had left early. Please get back to me as soon as you get this so that we can schedule your class for tomorrow."
Yeah. It's Britt's fault for leaving at the end of her workday and sneaking past Ruby's office without signaling her exit. I coulda given her mother an answer. No. The answer is no. Our contract covers us for 5 days a week. We don't have health insurance or a microwave, what flippin made that woman think this would work?
It's certainly not Ruby's fault for waiting more than hour to go find my roomie to ask her this simple question. Nor is it her fault that she neglected to inform the mother that our school is only open Monday-Friday. Just cause ivleague works weekends does not mean you can try to guilt another teacher into giving up their only time away from you.
In fact, good luck EVER finding someone to agree to that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment