Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Was 20ft From 2PM's Jun Ho at the Dragon Boat Festival. I Think.







It's not really a harbor view on both sides. It's a nice view on one side, and a very convincing reflective surface on the other. At night we get the illusion of water on both sides. It's still nice.

We headed out this morning to hang out at the Dragon Boat Festival and on the way I bought a new wallet. $10 Hong Kong money is not even $2 US. I'm gonna go crazy here. All kinds of souvenirs. And all of them are for me. I brought the big suitcase with a suitcase inside. It's gonna be awesome.

But for now, I'm just window shopping. I don't want to get stuck with a whole bunch of expensive souvenirs when I discover during the course of the week that there are cheaper options out there. Gotta be smart about this.

We made it to the Dragon Boat thing with the help of a very friendly enthusiastic old man. He knew the way and we arrived with enough time to watch a couple races and load up on free stuff. We got temporary tattoos, free braid pieces, and a bunch of fans. I got a keychain later tonight, too. It was pretty awesome. They even sprayed us down with some complimentary sunscreen trials.
Then we headed over to the beer garden to watch the breakdancing and music shows and got a free Hong Kong pin for filling out the survey. I like it. It's my favorite free thing so far. Then onto Chinese food.

More real Chinese food. Crazy.

We walked through Kowloon Park and saw the aviary and the "maze." It's really hot here, but it doesn't feel as bad as in Korea. I don't get it. Maybe there's a breeze or something.

We got home and discovered that these tattoos are halfway to being permanent. They did not want to come off. They're so bizarre. They smudge like crazy so we thought it would be no problem to get them off. But they don't do much more than smudge. They're sticky and greasy at the same time so they just stay on your arm and become an unidentifiable mess. It took more than 15 minutes to slowly peel them off. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment