Friday, July 16, 2010

"Teacher, America Has Fifty One States, Not Fifty."

That's interesting. 'Cause when I left we only had 50... America hasn't changed that much in 7 months, right?

51 states. Why do my kids say that? All of their teachers are telling them that we have 51, but you can just count the stars on the flag, right? Did we add another one? I'll admit, the first time it was kinda funny. But now they share this look among themselves which seems to say "Erin Teacher sure doesn't know too much about America..." Please. It's not like our highschools teach history about a whole lot of other countries...

We couldn't get too deep into this discussion, though, 'cause Cherry interrupted with an "Erin Teacher! Yesterday Lucy cry."

Turns out Narky dropped the ball again. My Red Teddy Bears invited me to a piano recital this weekend and a beef dinner with the family afterwards. I tried to explain that I wasn't available, but wasn't sure the message took. So I brought the issue to our acting director last friday.

"Oh yes, I will call. Don't worry, I will tell them that you already have been make plans." Okay, maybe Nark's not so bad after all.

Narky's a real jerk. He made my teddy bears cry. He never got around to calling. He didn't even connect the dots until one of his students told him how excited her sisters were that they were going to have a teacher come to their house for dinner. Then he broke the news. He still never called.

What a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment