Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just for Display.

MiniKim sucks. I saw him for the first time this week and was trying to find something to say in greeting. I have always struggled with the small talk with miniKim. He just has this superior way of speaking that makes me want to punch him in the mouth.

E: "Hey what's going on? How's Ruby doing? Is she up and about yet or still having problems getting up."
m: "She got up a long time ago."
E: "Oh, that's great, is she ready to come back to work?"
m: "She isn't ready to, but she really needs to. This place needs her."
E: "Huh. So her recovery is going well."
m: "Yeah. That's what I said."

Look here, kid. I treat you like a human and I'd appreciate you doing the same. I'm not obligated to ask after the health of your mother. I personally don't care if she ever comes back. Just as long as she takes you with her. 'Cause you suck. And so do your people skills. Fight me.


Later that night he came into the lounge to tell us about the hand sanitizer at the front desk. Narky had seen Shadow using the hand sanitizer before he walked out of school and sent miniKim to deliver a message to Tooly and I so that we could pass the message along.

m: "So guys, actually the hand sanitizer at the front desk is just for display."
T: "What?"
E: "Display?"
m: "Yeah. Display. It's not for use."
E: "So I can't use the hand sanitizer at the front desk?"
T: "It's not for teachers?"
m: "No. It's not for the foreign teachers. It's just in case we get inspected. Actually it's the law in Korea that you have sanitizer on the counter. After the swine flu thing, you know... Every academy has to have a bottle. It's the law."
E: "So we can't use the hand sanitizer at the front desk."
m: "Haha. No."
E: "Because it's only for display."
m: "Yes. Display."

Then he defined "display" for me. That's cute.

'Cause actually that hand sanitizer is mine. Jenn bought a 15$ bottle of hand sanitizer back in March when all of the kids were spewing germs everywhere and when she left she gave it to me. Being a good human, I was sharing it with the other teachers in the lounge. Back before I liked the tools, they would hover around my desk to use the stuff, so I moved it into the middle of the room. One day, it disappeared from the lounge and I found it on the front counter. That's fine. I don't mind sharing it. Ruby knew where it came from, so I thought she had a lot of nerve taking it, but not nearly as much nerve as her son and brother. Can't use my own hand sanitizer? Please.

Narky was in class at the time, so I have to wait til tomorrow to correct this misunderstanding. No use talking to miniKim about it. I'd rather he not talk to me. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment