I had an excellent day today. All of my classes were cancelled save the Red Teddy Bears so I had a lot of time to just chill out in the Teacher's Lounge all day. Since I had time to kill, I thought I'd check out the other teachers' class notes. There isn't really a set standard with these notes. They're supposed to be written for the parents and students and talk about how the class went and how/what the kids did. You should also mention any problems the kids had with the work or behavior. Here's an example of one of mine:
July 6, 2010
Let's Go: "When do he does gymnastics," "He play tennis." We spent some extra time working on verbs today. We did the exercises very slowly, and they understood by the end.
Students in Space: The homework last night was very difficult. The assignment was to unscramble the words and make a sentence and the girls had a lot of trouble doing this. They will be doing the homework again tonight for practice.
"Where does from come wind?" ---> "Where does wind come from?"
"Why sea salty is water?" ---> "Why is sea water salty?"
"Do snakes ears have?" ---> "Do snakes have ears?"
Words:
guitar
salty
wind
gymnastics
Everyone's notes are little different, but they all follow the same basic guidelines. Reading ivleague's has become one of my favorite past times. I'd like to share a couple of my favorites with you right now.
July 5
The class did not go very well because of two disruptive students and another student who went along with them. Laura and Brian were disruptive, and Lilly did not help matters. Within minutes, Brian was asking if he could go to California's class, not giving himself a chance to benefit from the instruction I could offer. Laura told me she hated me as a joke but did not appear to understand that it was inappropriate to say something like that. Sue and Beth, on the other hand, were conscientious students. I will focus more of my energy on the two committed students next time.
Later that day:
This was not a normal class, as only two students arrived and they were both extremely late. We had a general discussion until I thought they had had enough.
July 6
There were two students, Laura and Dragon. Dragon was playful but surprisingly accurate when he chose to participate. Laura was again disrespectful, striking me and Dragon without cause and telling me that I was ugly and dirty. She does not appear to understand where I am from or what I could do for her if she started listening to me.
"She called me smelly and said she hates meee..." What a guy. I hope Ruby doesn't have a problem with these notes. I would hate for her to "encourage" ivleague to change anything. I'm sure they'll only get better.
After a pick me up like that, I was looking forward to a ChristinaCalifornia evening. New Guy's out of town on his vacation to Japan and those of us left behind decided to go out and celebrate New Guy's escape for the week. I never get to hang out with both Christina and Cali, because Christina does not like New Guy. And New Guy is reluctant to go out on his own. So I enjoyed this rare opportunity which involved Korean style nachos and fajitas also know as "fusion" food.
From dinner we hit up our soju place from the first friday celebration and partied hard. Then onto karaoke. I have never karaoked with Christina before, but she's pretty good. She found a few 2pm songs for us to sing and the machine gave us high scores. I again question what that machine grades us on, since I wasn't really singing the Korean parts.
I mean, I was singing them. But it wasn't in Korean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment