One of the side effects of living alone, I'm told. I don't mind. This living alone thing has been pretty awesome. I have no complaints with this place right now. Sure we have all manner of crazy bugs, but we don't have mosquitos. Scratch that. I don't have mosquitos. Everyone else in Korea is slapping the bloodsuckers away, but I'm not being bitten. They're not even trying. I don't know if it's me or the apartment, but one of us is a really awesome repellent.
I don't know when that new girl is supposed to be making an appearance, but I think I might have some trouble with that transition. I was never a very good roommate (selfish, loud, mean, etc.) but now that I have lived here for 6 months, I'll be even worse. I'm probably not gonna be all that understanding towards this interloper. I already get mad when I think about her touching my stuff or not washing the dishes (that I already don't wash) or leaving her junk all over the apartment. Never mind that I'll probably be the obnoxious one or that her room is really not big enough for all her junk, but when I think about how her clothes will be drying all over the living room floor this winter, I get mad. God help this girl, I'm gonna make her crazy. I think this school has made me into a crazy cake, too.
Speaking of school, Ruby is still recovering and is supposed to be out of commission for another week at least. We (me) sent her flowers and I wasn't surprised to hear Narky tell me he had no idea how much they were going to cost. "I've never sent flowers before." Yeah. I guessed that about you... He prides himself on being able to find the cheapest things online, but I have yet to benefit from this particular skill of his. Everything he's helped me with has ended up being 20-30$ more than what I have found and the flowers were no exception. We bought a $70 get well basket when what I really wanted was just a bouquet of daisies or carnations or something. Don't tell me there wasn't anything cheaper. I got all 3 of my houseplants for less than ten.
At least I get to enjoy life without Ruby. It is pretty sweet. The only thing that could make it better is if I didn't have to see miniKim everyday. That kid seriously irks me. I hate being talked down to. Especially when it's being done by a 17 year old high school dropout spy.
He's even given me a complex. Every time he comes into the teacher's lounge he turns off the air conditioner and opens all of the windows. He waits about 10 minutes and then closes the windows and turns the air conditioner back on. I can't tell if he's trying to test whether we need the air conditioner or if he's airing out some horrible smell.
Maybe I do smell. Maybe that's why there are no mosquitos flying around me. Maybe I'm better than mosquito repellent.
One thing is certain, though: miniKim definitely doesn't smell wonderful. He needs to be bathing regularly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment