And there you have it, Ladies and Gents, 6 months in Korea. I have reached the halfway mark and am still employed and loving it. Amazing.
Let's see. In six months, how have I changed?
`I listen a lot more now.
`I speak slowly and clearly.
`Crazy doesn't bother me.
`Spiders don't bother me.
`Everything is funny.
`I use question marks at inappropriate times?
`I'm 11 kilos lighter.
`I eat fish. And all manner of things with tentacles.
`I cook every day. Sometimes it's even edible.
`I have added 'Teacher' to my first name.
`Narky's not so bad.
`I can find my own sales.
`I stopped getting yelled at.
Life is good. It's not really half done. I'm definitely staying.
Predictions for July:
1.) My roommate finally shows up.
2.) Hong Kong is awesome.
3.) ivleague teaches my classes while I'm gone and finds a way to throw me under the bus.
4.) My turn never really comes back around cause they'll be too busy breaking in that new girl.
5.) They start getting on me to sign another contract.
Oh Lord. Six Months... The things I have learned since I got here on New Year's... incredible.
There's a monster thunderstorm going down right now. Like 3 seconds between light and sound. It's midnight on our way into July. This is gonna be a good month. It's a sign.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment