Friday, June 25, 2010

"This Sounds Like Pub Talk."

I met up with Boys' Team for a most excellent night of friday celebrating that included chicken, beer, belligerent drunks (not us), and fries and finished off with an early morning trip to Seoul.

After spending a few weeks trying to find some Korean friends for New Guy (he doesn't have any yet (and he whines about it)) we learned tonight that New Guy met a few people at a bar a few weeks ago who wanted to be friends and introduce him to a few of their lady friends. Only problem? Those ladies all live in Seoul. Of course they do. Nothing's that easy.

So while listening to him lament the tragedy that is his loveless life due to geographical differences, I suddenly saw the light. I guess California saw it, too, cause fortunately for me, he spoke up first.

C: "We'll go to Seoul."
N: "We should."
E: "I'm going to Seoul in the morning."
C: "When did you plan that?"
E: "Two seconds ago when you said we should do it."
N: "Yeah, go to Seoul and meet up with girls!"
E: "Why not? We'll be there anyway."
C: "So we're going to Seoul?"
E: "Yup. When do you guys want to leave?"
N: "I dunno... This sounds an awful lot like pub talk..."
E: "Course it does. We're in a pub. Let's do it."
C: "Finish this pitcher then- what?- meet up in an hour?"


I went home to shower and pack and then it was off to Seoul. It was 7am and I slept the whole bus ride. It was great.

It's so rare that friday celebrations lead to saturday morning adventures as excellent as this one. Pub talk? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment